Best Coaching Center based in Patel Nagar Ekagra Academy. Led by a team of highly certified professionals, with a interest for quality in knowledge, Ekagra Academy depends upon forming the lives and professions of learners. We enable individuals to realize their potential and achieve their goals. This is our primary belief and is strongly based on educational quality, technological advancement, and sector skills.
1.RBI raises collateral-free farm loan limit to Rs 1.6 lakh
- RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das announced that the limit of collateral free agricultural loans has been increased from one lakh to 1.6 lakh.
- Addressing the post monetary policy announcement in Mumbai, Mr. Das said the decision has been taken in view of the overall inflation and rise in the agricultural input costs since 2010 when the limit was last revised.
- This move will enhance coverage of small and marginal farmers in the formal credit system.
2. Indus River dolphin declared as state aquatic animal of Punjab
- Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh declared the endangered Indus River dolphin, found only in the Beas River in the country, as the state aquatic animal.
- As per the WWF figures, the number of dolphins presently is 1816, mostly found in the lower parts of the Indus River in Pakistan between Chashma and Kotri barrages in the Indus River.
3. Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY) App launched
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY) App has been launched on Google play store.
- This app is now available on Google Play store. Now the person doesn't have to visit the centres to check their eligibility, balance, file complaints or any other services.
- Individual just need to download the PM-JAY app and can simply to access the scheme details or check the eligibility
4. RBI announces bi-monthly monetary policy
- The Monetary Policy Committee headed by Reserve Bank of India Governor Shaktikanta Das, announced a reduction in policy repo rate.
- The repo rate will reduced from 6.5 per cent to 6.25 per cent with immediate effect.
- Consequently, the reverse repo rate stands adjusted to 6.0 per cent, and the marginal standing facility rate and the Bank Rate to 6.5 per cent.
- The bank also projected an economic growth rate of 7.4 per cent for the next fiscal, up from 7.2 per cent estimated for the current fiscal by Central Statistics Office.
5. Air India chairperson Pradeep Singh Kharola has been appointed as Civil Aviation Secretary
- The government has appointed Air India chief managing director and Chairperson Pradeep Singh Kharola the secretary of the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
- Kharola will take over from Rajiv Nayan Choubey, who retired on January 31.
- Kharola, an Indian Administrative Services officer of Karnataka cadre from the 1985 batch, was named chairperson of Air India in November 2017.
6. Chennai Police Commissioner A.K. Viswanathan launched mobile App 'DigiCop' of the city police.
- Chennai Police Commissioner A.K. Viswanathan launched mobile App 'DigiCop' of the city police.
- He said the App makes citizens feel that the police is always with them.
- Using the App, people can track the status of stolen two-wheelers and cell phones.
- Using DigiCop App, people can also verify IMEI, report lost two-wheelers and phones, know the nearest police station, police news and traffic alerts.
- The details of 18,000 stolen mobile phones are stored in the App.
7. P V Bharathi is the new CEO of Corporation Bank
- P V Bharathi, executive director of Canara Bank, has now taken charge as managing director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Corporation Bank.
- She is the first woman to serve the bank in this capacity.
- She has been executive director of Canara Bank since September 15, 2016 and served as the firm's general manager in the risk management wing.
8. 3-day Krishi Kumbh to begin at Motihari
- The three-day Krishi Kumbh is being organised in Motihari, Bihar.
- Over fifteen thousand farmers across different states and about two hundred agricultural scientists are participating in the Kumbh.
- This is the largest Krishi Kumbh of Eastern India.
- The Governor Lalji Tandon and Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh will jointly inaugurate this Krishi Kumbh.
- The objective of Krishi Kumbh is to promote modern techniques and diversification in agriculture that could help in doubling farmers income.
9. Centre launches dedicated Asiatic Lion Conservation Project
- The Centre government has launched a dedicated Asiatic Lion Conservation Project with a budgetary contribution of around 98 crore rupees to strengthen the conservation initiatives.
- Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change approved the project for financial years 2018-2019, 2019- 2020 and 2020-2021.
- The project envisages scientific management in coordination with multi-sectoral agencies for disease control and veterinary care for overall conservation of Lion.
10. ISRO launches GSAT-31 from French Guiana
- India’s communication satellite GSAT-31 has been launched successfully from French Guiana.
- The Ariane-5 rocket lifted off with it from Kourou Launch Base and placed it in the intended Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit.
- ISRO chairman Dr Sivan said that GSAT-31 will provide transponder capacity for DTH television and connectivity to services like VSATs for ATMs, stock-exchanges, Digital Satellite News Gathering DSNG and e-governance applications.
- The satellite will also be used for bulk data transfer for a host of emerging telecommunication applications.
11. UP govt forms SIT on Sikh riots of Kanpur in 1984
- Uttar Pradesh government has constituted a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to probe the circumstances that led to riots in Kanpur in 1984.
- The riots were followed the assassination of then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
- The four-member SIT will be headed by retired UP Director General of Police, Atul.
- At least 125 people were killed in 1984 riots in Kanpur after the assassination of then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
12. Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Qutub Minar Among Top 10 Revenue-Generating Monuments
- Culture Minister Mahesh Sharma recently revealed the top revenue-generating monuments in the country between 2015 and 2018.
- The top revenue-generating monuments during 2015-18 include Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Qutub Minar, Red Fort and Humayun's Tomb.
- Others in the top 10 list for the period of 2015-2018 include Agra Fort, Red Fort, Qutub Minar, Sun Temple in Konark, Mamallapuram, Ellora caves, group of monuments in Khajuraho, and the Ajanta caves in Aurangabad.
- Tourism contributes nearly 9.4% of the country's GDP and supports 8% of its total employment.
13. SBI UK Chief Honoured ‘Freedom of the City of London’
- The State Bank of India’s Uk chief Mr. Sanjiv Chadha has been honored with the ‘Freedom of the City Of London’ by the city of London Corporation in recognition of his contribution to promoting the bilateral relations.
- Sanjiv Chadha was nominated for the honor by Lord Mayor of London Peter Estlin and Sheriff Vincent Keaveny.
- Sanjiv Chadha took up the position in 2014 and he will be succeeded by Sharad Chandak.
- Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru was the previous Indian recipient of this award and other recipient includes author JK Rowling and actor Dame Judi Dench.
14. Ramit Tandon Wins Seattle Open
- Indian squash player Ramit Tandon defeated Egyptian Mohamed El Sherbini in the finals to win the Seattle Open, a PSA challenger squash Tour event.
- The top-seeded Indian, who rose to his career high ranking of 58 in the latest February list, won his first PSA title in the new year and fourth title overall in his career.
15.British Academy Film Awards announced
- Film "The Favourite" won seven honours in British Academy Film Awards, BAFTA 2019, in London.
- The Favourite won best actress for Olivia Colman and best supporting actress for Rachel Weisz, Outstanding British Film, Original Screenplay, Costume Design, Production Design, Makeup and Hair.
- Also, Netflix production 'Roma' also had a successful night picking up four prizes - best film, best director, best cinematography and best film not in the English language.
- Rami Malek won best actor for playing Freddie Mercury in the film Bohemian Rhapsody.
16.Shane Warne named as brand ambassador of Rajasthan Royals
- Australian spinner, Shane Warne has been named the brand ambassador of Rajasthan Royals for the upcoming edition of IPL.
- He led Rajasthan Royals to its first and only IPL title in 2008.
- Also, Rajasthan Royals has decided to change its jersey colour from blue to pink this year.
17.Hindi included as third official court language in Abu Dhabi
- Abu Dhabi has decided to include Hindi as the third official language used in its courts, alongside Arabic and English.
- The move was aimed at providing foreigners better access to justice, without a language barrier.
- An estimated 3.3 million Indian expats live in UAE, and a large number of them are blue collared workers.
- The Indian community in the UAE constitutes 30% of the total population.
18.Union Minister Smt Harsimrat Kaur Badal inaugurates the1st Mega Food Park of Himachal Pradesh
- Union Minister for Food Processing Industries Smt Harsimrat Kaur Badal inaugurated Cremica Mega Food Park Pvt Ltd.
- The Park is located at Village Singhain Una District of Himachal Pradesh.
- This is the first Mega Food Park operationalized in the State of Himachal Pradesh.
- The Park will give an impetus to the growth of the Food Processing Sector in Himachal Pradesh.
- Cremica Mega Food Park will benefit the people of Una District and the people of nearby districts of Kangra, Hamirpur & Bilaspur.
19.Senior National Badminton championship begin in Guwahati
- The 83rd edition of Senior National Badminton Championship begin in the Assamese city of Guwahati.
- Defending champion Saina Nehwal and last edition's runner-up PV Sindhu will be the biggest attractions in Women's Singles.
- This is the first time the Nationals is returning to the North-East since Guwahati last hosted it in 2010.
20.World Radio Day: 13 February
- 13 February of every year is celebrated as World Radio Day.
- 2019 Theme: Dialogue, Tolerance and Peace.
- It is a day that remembers the unique power of radio which touches lives and brings people together from every corner of the globe.
- The day was proclaimed on 3rd November 2011 by UNESCO's 36th General Conference.
21.RBI penalises banks for violating various norms
- Reserve Bank has imposed monetary penalty of two million rupees each on HDFC Bank, IDBI Bank and Kotak Mahindra Bank.
- The fine has been imposed for non-compliance of various Know Your Customer/ Anti-Money Laundering norms.
- RBI also informed that it has imposed monetary penalty of 1.5 Crore rupees each on Allahabad Bank, Bank of Maharashtra and Indian Overseas Bank for non-compliance of norms related to monitoring end use of funds, exchange of information, classification and reporting of frauds and on restructuring of accounts.
- A penalty of 1 crore rupees was imposed on Andhra Bank for the same reason.
22.Bihar government announced ‘Mukhyamantri Vridhajan Pension Yojna’
- Bihar government has announced a universal old age pension scheme ‘Mukhyamantri Vridhajan Pension Yojna’, MVPY for all people above 60 years of age.
- The scheme will come into force from the 1st of April this year.
- All will be eligible for 400 rupees monthly pension irrespective of caste, religion or community, except those senior citizens who have retired from government service,
- Currently old age pension scheme is applicable to only the BPL category.
- The Chief Minister also announced a pension of 6,000 rupees for journalists above 60 years of age.
23.Centre Approves Patna Metro Rail Project
- In a boost to public transport in the Patna, the centre approved the Patna Metro Rail project comprising of two corridors.
- The two corridors will be Danapur to Mithapur and Patna Railway Station to New ISBT.
- The project will be executed in five years with an estimated cost of Rs. 13,365.77 crore.
- The Danapur Cantt-Mithapur corridor will pass through the Raza Bazar, the Secretariat, the High Court and the Law University Railway Station.
- The Patna Railway Station-ISBT corridor will connect the Gandhi Maidan, PMCH, Patna University, Rajendra Nagar, Mahatma Gandhi Setu, Transport Nagar and ISBT.
24.Clouded leopard declared as the mascot of National Games 2022
- Meghalaya State animal clouded leopard is chosen to be the mascot for the National Games 2022.
- The decision was taken at the first National Games 2022 executive committee meeting, chaired by Meghalaya Sports and Youth Affairs Minister Banteidor Lyngdon.
- Clouded leopard is a wild cats living throughout the forests of Garo, Khasi and Jaintia Hills.
- The games coincide with the 50th year of the creation of the State.
25.India withdraws Most Favoured Nation status granted to Pakistan
- India has withdrawn the Most Favoured Nation status granted to Pakistan following the Pulwama terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir.
- A decision in this regard was taken during the meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Security, CCS in New Delhi.
- Union Minister Arun Jaitley said that Ministry of External Affairs will initiate all possible diplomatic steps which are to be taken to ensure the complete isolation Pakistan from the international community.
26.The Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan scheme implemented from 15 February
- The Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan scheme implemented from 15 February.
- Under the scheme, workers of the unorganised sector will receive a minimum assured pension of 3,000 rupees per month after attaining the age of 60 years.
- The workers whose monthly income is 15 thousand rupees per month or less and belong to the entry age group of 18 to 40 years are eligible for the scheme.
27. Ashwani Lohani appointed as Air India CMD
- Former Railway Board chairman Ashwani Lohani has been appointed chairman and managing director (CMD) of Air India.
- He is a 1980-batch IRSME (Indian Railway Service Mechanical Engineering) officer hailing from Madhya Pradesh.
- Lohani succeeds the 1985-batch Karnataka cadre IAS Pradeep Singh Kharola, who earlier this month was appointed as the civil aviation secretary.
- Lohani was appointed as the Railway Board chairman in August 2017 and retired in December 2018.
Q1. RBI raises its collateral-free farm loan limit to Rs _________.
Q2. 3day Krishi Kumbh to begin at Motihari. Motihari is in ?
Q3. What does ISRO stands for ?
Indian Space Research Organization
Institute of Space Research Organisation
International Space Research Organization
Indian Scientific Research Organization
Q4. Which among these is declared as state aquatic animal of Punjab?
Indus River dolphin
Q5. Who is the Culture Minister of Indian government ?
Q6. Which of the following won best actress award at British Academy Film Awards, BAFTA 2019?
Q7. Which of the following language has been included as third official court language in Abu Dhabi?
Q8. Who among the following invented Radio?
Alexander Graham Bell
Q9. Which of the following day is celebrated as World Radio Day?
Q10. India has withdrawn the Most Favoured Nation status granted to which of the following country?